Friday, August 14, 2009

Uncluttering Your Life

It's kind of a chicken and the egg situation...is my life chaotic because my house is cluttered, or is my house cluttered because my life is chaotic?

Regardless of which you believe, the truth of the matter is that establishing control over one will automatically make you feel better about the other...this has been proven time and again.

Since I have been focussing exclusively on purging and organizing your home so far, I thought today I would give equal billing to the other half of the equation. Here is a poem which has been a lifesaver to me. During times of extreme stress and chaos in my life, I have even posted this in my bathroom so that it is the first thing I see in the morning, and the last thing I see at night.


Although it is a prayer, you need not be religious to benefit from this. The first stanza is my personal "Mission Statement", and I repeat it to myself on those days when it all seems too much...enjoy, and pass it on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites

We Recommend

 

The Unclutter Bug | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates